Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tattoo Lover Inks His Eyeballs


Oct. 27) -- Where does a tattoo enthusiast look when he runs out of skin? For Matt Gone, the answer was obvious.

Gone -- who estimates he has covered more than 98 percent of his body with ink -- recently tattooed his own eyeballs.

"I never really knew how far I would ever go, and [tattooing my eyes] is about as far as you can go," he told Fox 12.

The Portland, Ore., resident started getting tattoos about 20 years ago to mask birth defects that left him with some undeveloped muscles. Since then, he's adorned his body with elaborate images and a unique checkerboard design.
But his latest tattoos are certainly his most eye-catching.

"I picked different colors cause I like mutations because I have birth defects," said Gone, who injected blue ink into his left eye and blue and green ink into his right.

Ophthalmologists say they don't like the looks of eye tattoos, arguing they can lead to infection that could cause blindness or even the loss of an eye.

Gone isn't the first person to get an eye tattoo, and he says he carefully "patch tested" before doing the deed.

Though he's proud of his own work, he doesn't want to see others duplicate it.

"I'm glad I [tattooed my eyes] -- I got lucky -- but it's your risk and I'm not going to help you," he said. "I did this for me, this is my project, my body."

No comments:

Post a Comment